Melania Trump lashed out at the women who have accused her husband of sexual abuse, calling their allegations “unfair” while insisting the Donald is innocent of any wrongdoing.
“Without evidence, to accuse somebody who is a man or a woman, is damaging and it’s unfair,” the former model told Fox News in a Tuesday interview.
At least seven women have accused Donald Trump of sexual assault, sexual harassment or other unwanted advances.
They began coming forward earlier this month after leaked footage from 2005caught the real estate mogul-turned-reality TV star bragging about how he could “do anything” he wanted to women — including grabbing them “by the p—y” — because of his fame.
But Melania Trump questioned the timing of the women’s allegations, which come just weeks before the November election.
“I was not surprised in one way because … everything was organized,” she said. “Why now?”
Any allegations “should be handled in a court of law,” Melania Trump said — not broadcast to the public as her husband vies for the presidency.
Still, the would-be First Lady insisted that her husband never touched, sexually assaulted or harassed anyone.
“That is not the person that I know,” she said.
However, she did admit that the Republican businessman was out of line when he made the vile “p—y” comments in 2005.