Professional Obama Basher Ted Nugent Gets Called Out as Draft Dodger

Ted Nugent has made bashing Obama and his supporters a national pasttime, going so far as to call Obama ‘psychotic’,  even saying the president represents everything ted nugentbad about America.    But, at least one other rocker is calling Nugent out on his hypocrisy.  Twisted Sister’s Dee Snider lashed out at Nugent in an interview with Noisecreep:

“Ted’s always been a gun-toting conservative. But what gets me is that he was actually a draft dodger! I mean, to the point where he didn’t bathe for a week, and vom*ted on himself to deliberately avoid the draft. I totally understand why he did that, but all of these Republicans who love Ted don’t seem to know or remember that too well. It’s crazy that he’s become one of the voices of Conservative America even though he was a draft dodger. If you don’t believe me, Google it.”

Snider is referencing an interview Nugent gave to High Times magazine in 1977.  In the interview, Nugent described how he avoided the draft because he wanted to continue to play guitar instead of serve in the Army:

“I got my physical notice 30 days prior to. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build. I stopped shavin’ and I was 18, had a little scraggly beard, really looked like a hippie. I had long hair, and it started gettin’ kinky, matted up. Then two weeks before, I stopped eating any food with nutritional value. I just had chips, Pepsi, beer-stuff I never touched-buttered poop, little jars of Polish sausages, and I’d drink the syrup, I was this side of death, Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. poop, p*ss the whole shot. My pants got crusted up.”

Of course, after the heat turned up, Nugent abandoned the story and said  he made it all up.  He said he avoided the service in Vietnam because of a student deferment.  Snopes obtained a copy of Nugent’s Selective Service form which confirms Nugent’s student deferments, but also includes a 1-Y and 4-F classifications, which indicate that he did not pass a physical examination.

Comments

comments

9 Responses to Professional Obama Basher Ted Nugent Gets Called Out as Draft Dodger

1. Makeba January 24, 2013 at 11:23 am

TED NUGENT is one of the clowns in the Tea Party circus of nutcases. He is out promoting guns…but he never served in the military…where he could have used guns. And we have Orly Taiz, the BIRTHER QUEEN who is usually in the news with nutty claims about Pres. Obama not having a legit birth certificate. BUT SHE WAS NOT BORN IN THE U.S.A. herself. She was born in Russia. She lived overseas until the late 1980s.

And we have John McCain who attacks Pres. Obama for all sorts of nonsense reasons…and McCain was NOT BORN on U.S. soil. He was born in Panama. But none of the Birthers talk about that.

And then there is DONALD TRUMP…another crazy birther, who may be more orangutang than human.

ALL OF THEM….should be put away someplace where they take care of the mentally debilitated.

2. Samdromeda January 24, 2013 at 9:01 pm

The name of the game is “Keep the base fired up.” If you must tell a lie tell a big one and you will get enough people to believe it. They will think that it is just too fantastic to not be true. This is a tactic that Ted and Rush use. And who knows whether or not they believe their own hype. Lies that are told often enough take on a life of their own. It is a form of programming the mind for demon possession and will cause people to do wild and crazy things. It will cause people to cuddle up wit their guns and say, “My Precious.” Perhaps his “Precious,” has poisoned his mind. But if the media keeps putting the microphone in his face and roll the cameras with conservative backers who want the wild wild west to come back what do you expect to come out of his mouth?

3. Nixak January 24, 2013 at 10:34 pm

FOX Noise Draft-Dodger Ted Nuggent is in ‘good’ company. Bush Jr & D!ck {Darth Vader} Vader Cheney both dodged going to Vietnam & Don {known unknowns} Rumsfeld never saw battle. In fact if Chuck Hagel gets thru for Sec of Defense, he’ll be the first US Sec of Defense to have actually been in battle in 30yrs.
    Nuggent’s an ex 1970s – 80s rocker. The story about the extremes he went to to avoid being drafted might sound far-fetch, but IMO this guy likely got so DRUGGED OUT & P!SSY-SLOPPY Drunk, he likely did NOT even plan to fail is physical! That’s likely the next story to blow up in Nuggent’s face- just how much Drugs & Booze he did during his Crazy Rock & Roll DAZE!

4. T C January 25, 2013 at 4:45 pm

I just lost my respect for Ted. I feel he has a right to his opinions no matter how wrong!

5. marcus davis January 25, 2013 at 5:41 pm

I,m still waiting for Ted Nuggent to kill himself.

6. Erica January 25, 2013 at 6:53 pm

He played the system.

7. BARBBF January 25, 2013 at 7:18 pm

GOOD FOR HIM!

8. ICDATRUTH January 25, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Once again why do we give fools like this a microphone in the first place?

9. Thor January 26, 2013 at 7:23 am

David Gellis, I’m retired Army along with so many others in the Fort Bragg area, and find your comment despicable. All the lost souls in combat in recent years in support of this government which allow the freedom you enjoy so do us a favor, if this country is not good enough for you. Search for another one and get your ass out of here.