Ann Romney Can’t Stop Crying, Believed Mitt Was ‘Destined’ For the White House

While Mitt Romney is licking his wounds in seclusion, Ann Romney can’t stop crying, according to friends. Unlike most ordinary people, who understand that nothing is promised, Ann Romney believed  her husband was destined for greatness. This is why, as The Washington Post reports, Ann Romney’s been hardest hit by her husband’s defeat:

By all accounts, the past month has been most difficult on Romney’s wife, Ann, who friends said believed up until the end that ascending to the White House was their destiny. They said she has been crying in private and trying to get back to riding her horses.

No one can say for sure whether destiny is real, but even if it is, who’s to say that anyone knows what their destiny actually is? Mitt Romney is a multi-millionaire, and one would think he and Ann would just be grateful for what they have, but that’s not enough.

Unlike Ann, Mitt Romney has remained active as a way of reducing stress, mostly by riding his bike.

He hasn’t decided whether to reenter the business world, immerse himself in charity work, or write a book.

The former Republican presidential nominee has also reportedly told friends that he has ‘little interest’ in helping the Republican Party rebrand itself, probably because Mitt Romney is part of the problem with the GOP brand. His elitism and out of touch nature is partly what led to his election night defeat.

For now, Mitt Romney is a man without a plan. He and his wife thought he’d be planning a transition to the White House right now, but the American people saw it differently. What happens next for the Romneys is anyone’s guess.

Comments

comments

45 Responses to Ann Romney Can’t Stop Crying, Believed Mitt Was ‘Destined’ For the White House

1. RRBILL December 3, 2012 at 12:51 pm

I have no use for Mr. Romney or his family. However, we must face the fact that Mr. Obama is now a wealthy man, as was every postwar president except Truman, Ford, and perhaps Nixon. The high cost of campaigning in this country as opposed to a sane campaign (Canada) means that the field is limited to those who can self – finance the candidacy.

2. Darryl Cox December 3, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Are those the same horses for which she and Bishop Romney get a $66,000 tax deduction? I’m just asking.

3. Bagchi December 3, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Move on with your life Ann. There is nothing you can do about it.

4. Diana W. White December 3, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Tell Ann to go and buy some more $1,000 tee shirts. Give some of her money to Africa where children hungry and also here at home. Tell Mitt to show his taxes and go and clean up in the White House Kitchen, I am happy he didn’t a chance to cut my Medicare and Social Security. Ann was interviewed on one of the cable channel she told the Journalist the Obama’s spent four years and is our turn now.

5. SUPER RIGHTS December 3, 2012 at 7:19 pm

THE WY THAT HE IS ACTING IS LIKE HE IS GOING TO COMMIT
    SUICIDE.PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP MITT,HE NEEDS SOME
    PSYCHOLOGICAL SPIRITUAL COUNSELING

6. Ms. Miller December 3, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Mitt is like a singer that goes on a Talent Show and loses because he does not have a “good voice.” He was not offering a good plan…and I am glad that they are someplace being quiet. They should take some of the money that they have and go really HELP SOME PEOPLE who need help…like starving children. They disgust me with all their SOAP OPERA nonsense.

7. Elizabeth December 3, 2012 at 8:36 pm

It’s over, move on. Maybe she can’t believe we will have an African-American 1st lady for 4 more years.

8. Kdd December 3, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Wow!Talk about singing looney tunes! It would have been maddening and I do mean maddening to have had this two running the country! She is rich enough to own stock in Zanax and Prozac,so sit back Ann and take either of those chill pills n hush up all dat racket!

9. dellareese December 3, 2012 at 9:48 pm

It’s not a good thing to count your chickens before the eggs hatch and now the Romney’s know it for sure. Mitt tried to make it a black/white thing or a poor/rich thing but now he knows it’s a human being thing. People black, white, rich or poor still look out for their fellowman.

10. dorothy December 3, 2012 at 11:30 pm

This is too much drama. They are both lunny. They should give their lives to help the 47 per cent since they have made their fortune off of. That is how people that belong to cults act. Thieves. Repent for the kingdom is at hand.

11. Cathy December 3, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Poor little rich girl; Mitt couldn’t buy the White House! Put on your big girl panties and suck it up!!!!

12. BIBLEMYASS December 4, 2012 at 12:05 am

She just needs to see a therapist… she is exuding the symptoms of RICH WHITE WOMAN ROMNESIA. LOL. Mitt Romney was destined to be president in a Racist all white Republican America— which in modern times makes her delusional.

• Kathleen December 4, 2012 at 9:35 am

Rich White Woman Romnesia. I like that. I think John McCain and his wife had early symptoms of that problem.

13. Tokunboh December 4, 2012 at 12:16 am

My momma always said if I had nothing pleasant to say about someone, to say nothing at all…….well…….

14. Alfieanne December 4, 2012 at 2:40 am

Ann Romney… Helloooo! Get on with your life and appreciate you live in a great Country where Democracy works! See, even though money was supposed to buy the Presidency for Mitt and you it didn’t. “We, The People” voted! Although you and Mitt were not the Victors you should be so thankful that you live in this wonderful system because if it had been any of those other Countries that really deal with Elections differently from America… Uh-huh… Indeed, you really would have something to cry about!

15. Evelyn S Eby December 4, 2012 at 2:50 am

I know she is suffering from a horrible disease and I know her husband should have had the wisdom and compassion not to put her through this, but a woman who calls voters, “You people” just cannot bring me to much simpathy. She really did believe that they could buy anything and couldn’t understand that having someone go buy them some stuff from Costco to make them look like regular people would be terrible for this country. I hope that when $1000 t shirts and horses and a new house any time she wants no longer fills her life, she will go out and find out that helping people is what brings fulfillment.

16. El December 4, 2012 at 3:18 am

#Cry_96_Tears

17. Tom Lawrence December 4, 2012 at 7:51 am

I know what Ann & Mitt can do…… Go Away……

18. Terence M. Blackett December 4, 2012 at 8:23 am

Oh ANN* where is your MORMON faith?

I guess there’s no rational (spiritually or otherwise) to justify your husband’s loss to a BLACK* man who now will sit in the “white” House for another 4 years…

ROFLMBO!!!

19. Geronimo December 4, 2012 at 8:44 am

I’m dissapointed with Billy Ghram’s indorsement of Romney and removing Mormanism as a cult from his web site. He was my most trusted televangelist for years. She and he either have never wanted for anything that he was against for the 47% that he thought he didn’t need and thought those people wouldn’t show up at the poles (lazy moochers). I’m still laughing.I’d love to see them have to live off unemployment benifits for one year and social security for another without health care.

20. carl Stern December 4, 2012 at 9:03 am

The mind of elitist snobs are wired different than most people. It’s their entitlement mentality that sees nothing but them.

21. glendal david December 4, 2012 at 9:20 am

Hope she is able to deal with the disappointment. She really looked scary on stage election night.

22. Maxiee December 4, 2012 at 11:38 am

Is it that serious? It’s sad, the racist is not what we needed. We did not need more fighting not even in our own country. And I’m still waiting for my gift the president was to give all blacks, Haha Romney get a life and move on.

23. Ruby from NJ December 4, 2012 at 11:46 am

It’s very simple: the Republicans overdid it, spending obscene amounts of money, telling huge, obvious lies about President Obama, encouraging the wildest fringe rightwingers in their racist statements and posters and not speaking out against any of it. The Republicans overdid it. Once the politically uncertain and independent voters realized what a Romney Administration might bring, they decided that their best bet was to vote for President Obama. Every trick was used to suppress the vote. Republicans actually spoke publicly about how they were planning to keep people from voting. Result: backfire! People made sure they voted, and stood in line for hours. Florida even tried to keep the actor Christian Slater from voting! And they don’t know what happened. WE REJECTED YOU. WE DON’T WANT YOU OR YOUR POLICIES!

24. Ruby from NJ December 4, 2012 at 11:51 am

Miss Ann, take your pity party elsewhere. Stop being such a sore loser! Your perfect (not) hubby lost. I always support other women, no matter what stripe, but you, lady, I don’t like. Go float away on your sea of tears. Nobody cares. Buh-bye!

25. Winky Martindale December 4, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Poor little rich girl… Hey, I know… Why don’t you & Mittens go buy yourselves a country somewhere & you can be mr. & mrs. supreme leaders for life! :+]

26. Marian from AZ December 4, 2012 at 3:27 pm

While I was and remain an Obama supporter, I do feel for Ann. It’s not because she’s not in the White House, and her hubby’s not the prez, or any other obvious reason. I feel for her because she has Multiple Sclerosis and such stress DOES (and it’s inescapable) make the symptoms worse. So, she is actually physically suffering and in pain. I know b/c I have it, too.
    Now, I would feel more sympathy for her had she shown any concern for folks with pre-existing conditions or other health problems but she didn’t. Even worse, her hubby pointed to Arizona as having a “successful” Medicaid program on its own. That is SUCH a lie! People in Arizona are DYING because Arizona’s Medicaid regularly runs out of funds and, as in the case of my best friend, get dropped in the middle of such things as CHEMOTHERAPY, and die. It happens a LOT but I guess as long as Jan Brewer gets a photo op, Republicans don’t give a cr*p. Ann needs to pull herself together before Mitt’s new job consists solely of pushing her around in a wheelchair.

27. hannibal means December 4, 2012 at 3:31 pm

boo hoo…
    if she doesnt stop this mess…
    she will have a nervous breakdown…
    some body please tell her to
    give it up…
    and turn it loose…
    amen

28. Teachzz December 4, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Ann Romney has a right to her opinion, yes, she believed her husband was destined for greatness but he has GREAT amount of money. Isn’t that ok? I guess at least 47% of Americans would be happy with that. …

29. Rasheed December 4, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Why do I enjoy hearing about this? Probably because it’s a big slap in the face of the white supremacist that walk through life feeling entitled. like that Pocahantis song said “they think the only people that are people are people who look and think like they did” They do not character of a person as a reason to give that person your vote, and They outspent Obama, and what could go wrong? Well my hope is that America is growing up. America looked at the charactors of the people running and made the right choice. Cry my a river

• Greg December 4, 2012 at 6:17 pm

You don’t enjoy this more than I do. I am very happy they lost. I knew they would not be able to take it. It is even more satisfying that a black couple beat them. I honestly hopes it crushes them for the rest of their lives. I honestly did not feel that way about John McCain and his wife.

30. Hey December 4, 2012 at 4:09 pm

They were a placeholder for the republicans cuz no one wanted to run against an incumbent this year. Sorry Anne. :-(

31. Jackiesue Roycroft Denney December 4, 2012 at 4:18 pm

boo fecking hoo..
    get a job really working at a soup kitchen. do good things..good things will come to you.

32. ignatz December 4, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Maybe she should get her mind off it by volunteering at a soup kitchen.

Pampered, spoiled, privileged BRATS who actually think that the POOR have it easy.

Sickening, sickening people.

33. Sally December 4, 2012 at 6:06 pm

All this malice toward Ann is a little disheartening. I am not a Republican and not a Romney supporter, but to crucify this woman for just feeling sad and wondering what happened seems like just a little too much gloating by the opposition. Remember, she does have a very serious and incurable disease. Just because she is rich does not mean we have to take her humanity away from her. Hopefully she and Mitt will find ways to use their time now to benefit others, as have Mr. Carter and Mr. Clinton. This could turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to them. We learn a whole lot more by our failures than from our successes.

34. Brad Day December 4, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Oh, the poor, little rich brats finally got told, “No, you can’t have the shiny new toy.”

35. Gary December 4, 2012 at 9:02 pm

I know exactly how Mrs. Romney feels. I bought a ticket for the Power Ball, fully expecting to win. It never occurred to me to cry. Just stay calm and carry on.

36. Sean Murdock December 5, 2012 at 2:54 am

Good riddance. This may be callous, but true, as I see it.
    Better that one person cries now, instead of an entire nation feeling the pain that would have been inflicted, for at least 4 years.

37. Jason December 5, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I am not for Romney or Obama. Yet, most of you think Obama that great? Please think again. Will it gets better next 4 years? I doubt it.

38. malik a. Rashid December 5, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Ann Romney, and those Republican need 2-grow up and get over it. Now it’s tyme 2-band together an move america forward thats if they areel an true americans.

39. "Perky" A.Perkins December 5, 2012 at 11:53 pm

I am “one of you people”.hatchet faced Ann dismissed,because she thought we were nothing that mattered.She found out differently on 11/06,I think I speak for millions when I say “GET OVER IT”…..you have no idea what its like to live in the real world,President Obama lived in a one room house in Hawaii…..HE KNOWS what we are going through,you will never know what its like to be unable to buy life saving meds. at the pharmacy because you have no $$$……get over your (probably drunken) crying jag…..get off your ass and like St. Kathryn Drexel of Phila.,Pa. take some of your millions and help people…..Get some self respect…..you’ll sleep better………………..

40. Derrick December 6, 2012 at 8:33 am

ann and willard need to MOVE ON , GET OVER IT, THE PAST IS OVER, and shut the fvck up!!!

These are the words crackers tell us Blacks when we mention, how they treated our people during their forced enslavement!!!

Now, it’s our turn to tell them to GET OVER IT!!!

41. Miss T December 6, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Both of them are crazy…and she’s going to end up in the mental ward while he’s out trying to figure out just what it is about them Black folks, hmmmm?

42. corbin56 December 6, 2012 at 10:04 pm

LOL !!! This stinking behind broad just KNEW that she was going to become First Lady. GET OVER IT!!!

…cracker

43. Haile December 11, 2012 at 11:10 am

Mitt looks false and so does Ann.