GOP Leader Says that Being an Obama Supporter Means You're Mentally Retarded | Kulture Kritic
Connect with us

GOP Leader Says that Being an Obama Supporter Means You’re Mentally Retarded

News

GOP Leader Says that Being an Obama Supporter Means You’re Mentally Retarded

A GOP official has angered quite a few advocacy groups by comparing an Obama supporter to someone who is mentally retarded.  At a function for state Rep. Randy Vulakovich (R-Shaler), Allegheny County GOP chair Jim Roddey made a joke that had the audience laughing.

“There was a disappointment tonight. I was very embarrassed,” Roddey told the crowd, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “I was in this parking lot and there was a man looking for a space to park, and I found a space for him. And I felt badly — he looked like he was sort of in distress. And I said, ‘Sir, here’s a place.’ And he said, ‘That’s a handicapped space.’ I said, ‘Oh, I’m so sorry, I saw that Obama sticker and I thought you were mentally retarded.'”

According to Post-Gazette reporter Tim McNulty, the crowd loved the joke and clapped heartily in response.

Some are saying that the joke was insensitive for obvious reasons.  While the joke is certainly not an indictment of the entire Republican Party, it is certainly the kind of language that no one should be proud of.  There is no reaction from the party as of yet.

8 Comments
Loading Facebook Comments ...

8 Comments

1. Constructive Feedback

August 8, 2012 at 11:49 pm

I thought that you handled your statement in a fair manner.
    I agree that this type of talk is unproductive.

Here is my question to you.
    As an analyst and critic of “The Prevailing Black Political Consciousness” I notice that many Black people see these type of comments made by Republicans and “Rap their Race” around them – making it a attack on Black people and then vowing to NEVER vote for Republicans – ever.

Then we go over to the White Democrats and see that Nancy Pelosi just said that the GOP is the “Party Of E.Coli”.

Two White people attack the opposition party but ONLY ONE has made a “racially offensive” remark – in the minds of the “Democrats who are Black”.

My direct question is actually beyond the transactional one which asks “Well what do you think when ‘Your Side’ does it?”.

I actually would like to know if you believe that this type of conscious/psychic fusion between “Black Consciousness” and the toilet bowl of American Politics is healthy for the long term interests of the DEVELOPMENT of Black people?

If you want to see how Black people are motivated to accept a lack of return on our “Racial Development Consciousness” – look no further than the SUPERIORITY of the “offensive words” said by a White Republican, which are made as an attack more damning than those who run our schools have slapped us with. They retain our popular vote regardless of the damage.

Without discipline our development in our time of freedom will be squandered.

2. Alan Behrendt

August 9, 2012 at 12:15 am

LOL…. Sorry buts thats funny as hell

3. Ruben

August 9, 2012 at 9:30 am

I am a die-hard President Barack Obama supporter.. Please Randy Vulakovich, I, too, must be “retarded” as the man in the parking lot. When people such as yourself disappears off the face of this earth, then and only then will peace begot the World without you in it. Now you and your audience can laugh at what I just wrote.
    Ruben

• Constructive Feedback

August 11, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Ruben:

Since you affirm your existentialism through Obama – I wonder if there is a point at which your ACCEPTANCE of what the US GOVERNMENT continues to do – EVEN WITH OBAMA AT THE THE HELM – as your relative silence is the attribute that makes you “Retarted” and not just the cat calls of an ignorant opposition party member?

4. Insightful

August 9, 2012 at 2:00 pm

It is FUNNY to see what people will stomp to for a VOTE!!!

5. David W. Johnson Jr.

August 9, 2012 at 4:13 pm

It’s A Good Thing I Am Not In That State Because I Would Wait For Him To Come Out Of The Building And Take Care Of Business. I Am Getting Sicker And Sicker And Angrier And Angrier At These Racist Pieces Of Trash Belittleling President Obama Who Is Trying Hard To Turn America Around In A Positive Way And Clean Up All This Mess Created By Bush, Reagan And Other Racist Pieces Of Trash.

6. Rose

August 9, 2012 at 4:29 pm

There they go again spreading ignorance and hate. The other GOP supporters, Republicans and Tea Party folk all support and engage in that nonsense. No wonder the world is so screwed up.

7. Bets

August 11, 2012 at 1:31 pm

It’s A Good Thing I Am Not In That State Because I Would say and Bush then where they not stupid enough two vote for him second time. the america will always be Racist Racist .