Friends Say Man Shot His Wife in the ICU Out of Mercy and Love | Kulture Kritic
Connect with us

Friends Say Man Shot His Wife in the ICU Out of Mercy and Love

News

Friends Say Man Shot His Wife in the ICU Out of Mercy and Love

People were stunned to hear that John Wise shot his wife of 45-years while she was in the emergency room.   The sheer heinousness of a man shooting his own wife while she was in intensive care instantly turned the story into an international topic of conversation.   But rather than being a tragedy, some might argue that his move was actually somewhat romantic.

Terry Henderson, a man who worked with Wise for 30 years, says that his friend didn’t want his wife to suffer.  Barbara Wise had suffered from three aneurysms and his friend is saying that Wise shot his wife out of mercy.  The couple, according to their friend, made a pact that they would not allow the other to live in a nursing home or suffer before dying.

“John Wise is no criminal. He did what he did out of love,” said Henderson.

Police are saying that Wise walked into the room where his wife was staying and shot her at the Akron General Medical Center.  She died the next day after the shooting.   The man has appeared in court and faces murder charges in the shooting.

“Forty-five years of marriage, blessed to be deeply in love with his wife throughout those 45 years, and I am absolutely confident that everything that he’s ever done for his wife has been done out of deep love, including the events that just recently transpired,” said his attorney, Paul Adamson.

READ  Iowa Results Don't Matter

Barbara Wise had a triple cerebral aneurysm on July 28 and was unable to talk.   Mr. Wise’s friend says that he planned to kill his wife and then kill himself.   Henderson says that he believed that the handgun jammed, and that’s why his friend was unable to finish the job.

“We saw him sitting there with a gun. He was, like, loading it,” said a nurse who arrived on the scene after hearing gunshots.

Friends say that Wise was a loving husband who always treated his wife well.

Continue Reading
You may also like...

10 Comments
Loading Facebook Comments ...

10 Comments

1. Sandy

August 8, 2012 at 9:47 pm

I hope he isn’t punished because he Loves his wife. I haven’t been married that long but please put me out of misery if that happens to me.

2. Celestine

August 8, 2012 at 11:49 pm

I can understand what he did,and respect it.

3. Mrs Brown

August 8, 2012 at 11:56 pm

How sad.. I respect their pact.

4. Steven J Smith Sr.

August 9, 2012 at 11:22 am

I totally understand his action. However, murder is still murder. And had he killed himself according to the Bible, his soul would have been lost! God can forgive upon request but self murder one cannot ask for forgiveness. We all will be held accountable for our actions both good and bad.

• Lee Lee

August 9, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Stop always bringing GOD and The Bible into something. This had to do with the fact that they made a pact not to let the other suffer, point blank period. Even GOD would admire his actions and see that his wife is taken care of in Heaven. Show a little sensitivity. You may call it murder but if anything, its called “Mercy Killing.” Any one of us would rather go quick than to suffer. My mom suffered with cancer for years and if I could have done the same for her or if she had asked me to, I would have. May she Rest in Peace and now pain-free. GOD Bless them both.

• Debby

August 11, 2012 at 5:20 pm

@Steven- Please give chapter and verse where suicide is an unforgivable sin. I hear this all the time. But by that logic if someone dies before asking for forgiveness for anything then they are damned to hell. Christianity has some of the most absurd beliefs. Most of the time they are bad interpretations of a poorly translated Scripture reference.

5. EXCELSIOR1

August 10, 2012 at 12:13 am

My husband and myself have made a pact to not put either one of us in a “nursing home..perriod.!!..When the time comes …then we will sleepaway…

6. Poetee

August 10, 2012 at 1:08 am

Lee-Lee, if God and the Bible is part of a persons life, then it’s part of their life. They have the freedom to feel, mention, live what they believe just as you do not have to believe, mention, or feel.
    When did the separation of church and state become no church, just the state!

7. Antoinette

August 27, 2012 at 5:48 am

Pact or no pact, it is horrific,, she did not even die instantly, she died the next day which meant she suffered.

8. Ironwomanwalker53

September 8, 2012 at 4:40 pm

I’m wondering what happened to the second half of his plan?