Sprinter Gets Kicked Out of Olympics for Sneaking Away to Sleep with His Wife

St. Kitts and Nevis sprinter Kim Collins was once one of the top sprinters on the planet, winning the 100-meter world title in 2003.  But he won’t be competing this year, after he left the Olympic Village without permission.  His reason:  Going to have sex with his wife.

The St. Kitts and Nevis Olympic Committee issued this statement:

“Mr. Collins departure is down to his repeated absences from training sessions and also for refusing to respond to repeated phone calls and emails by team manager and coaches,” the Committee said in the statement. “Furthermore, Mr. Collins did not make an appearance for registration for his events at the Olympic Village (on Friday) as requested.”

Collins was angry about the dismissal for obvious reasons.  It’s not every day that your Olympic dream is ruined because you were trying to be a family man.  He took out some of his rage on Facebook:

“Hours before my 5th 100m olympic race, i now find out i cant run,all because i was in a hotel with my wife/coach. S.K.N.O.C REALLY? Are you freakig kiddin me!!!!!!!!”

He also made an announcement on Twitter:  “My fans. I won’t lie. Won’t be running later tonight. …For those who saw me run in Mexico. That’s the last time I represent my country.”

Collins has been vocal about his disappointment with the decision, noting that even men in prison get time with their wives.   He told BBC radio that there should be no mistake about why he won’t be performing.

“I am not walking away. I was pushed out,” Collins said. “I have to go home … maybe this Olympic medal ain’t for me.”

At the age of 36, this is likely going to be the last Olympic appearance for Collins.

Comments

comments

18 Responses to Sprinter Gets Kicked Out of Olympics for Sneaking Away to Sleep with His Wife

1. unbelievable August 5, 2012 at 9:32 am

Obviously he didn’t regard him being a part of the event quite serious.

2. Poetee August 5, 2012 at 11:39 am

There is more to this story than meets the eye. There had to be rules and regulations this guy knew about right? Sleeping with your wife before a big run-yea right!
    Were the rules broken? If they wre broken, stop acting like a little complaining ninny and say I broke the rules and consequences resulted.
    If it is a matter of personal bias on the coaches part as opposed to the coach following guidlines, then fight it to the end in court and not public opinion!

3. Only1ladycc August 5, 2012 at 11:50 am

He is experiencing the consequences for his action! HE KNEW THE RULES! He was dumb! He trained for this moment and throws it over something that belongs to him because he put a ring on it, and he could enoy probably MUCH better with the gold medal hanging from his neck? I don’t feel sorry for him! He should’ve followed the rules, not compromise his safety or anybody’s that had to go looking for him! He should have won the medal and rturned to his family with the medal and endorsements that he may have gotten with his win! Typical of folkswith grandiose ideologies……blame everyone but themselves! Dude, YOU DID IT TO YOURSELF! SHUT UP!

4. Soul Sista August 5, 2012 at 11:59 am

This is ridiculous!!!!!! The committee just announced days ago that over 250,000 were delivered to the games this year where as 4 years ago it was only 70,000. With this being the case the athletes can have sex with each other, but not there spouses???!!!!! What does this say about marriage within the games????? He could have sex with a swimmer, however he can’t have sex with his wife. He can dinner with a women within the village, but he can’t have dinner with his wife. This is some crazy mess. The master can order condoms and sleep with everyone including his slave’s wives and daughters, however the slave can’t get any play and if he does the play is the master’s leftovers or the remnents from the cesspool.

• Only1ladycc August 5, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Soul Sista…It is good that this man chose to sleep with his wife but there is a time for everything! The “master” has NOTHING to do with Kim Collins lacking self control and discipline over his own flesh! Kim’s focus should have been on winning that gold medal PURE AND SIMPLE! What about the security implications and risks he exposed himself to by leaving the camp by himself and not answering the phone for the people that worked hard with him to get him there? Let’s stop blaming the “master” for the things we do to ourselves!

• Warnock Mifflin August 5, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Read the Olympic Committee’s statement on why he was dismissed. There’s always two sides to every story. We are only getting Mr. Collins’ side. Rules, regulations and policies are in place for a reason, and if you choose to break the rules, be willing to suffer the consequences. Mr. Collins got exactly what he deserved, and he should stop whining like a kid and in the immortal words of Judge Joe Brown, man-up.”

5. BigWill August 5, 2012 at 12:15 pm

If being part of the track team is that important to you, I suggest you follow the rules!!

6. James August 5, 2012 at 1:39 pm

This isn’t about just sleeping with his wife, that’s just his excuse for doing something he shouldn’t have done. The guy was a no-show and he disobeyed the rules. He should have been kicked out and he has noone to blame but himself. If he’s truthful about his reason for leaving then he’s just plain stupid. He’s got all year to sleep with his wife and if he had run his race and won I’m sure the sex with his wife would have been better anyway.

7. rick freeman August 5, 2012 at 2:28 pm

negroes like soul sista are the reason some blacks don’t get it.. forget the rules I’am all about me!! So F everybody else..I’am black and see it alot

• cambie September 16, 2012 at 9:40 pm

That is true. The rules are the rules. Suppose he got jumped and beat up. He couldn’t wait what a few days.

8. etreman August 5, 2012 at 3:16 pm

With all the threats out there its imperative that ALL olympic athletes’ whereabouts be accounted for. If not, someone’s liable for neglect. There have to be rules! Soul sistas’ response makes no sense!

9. Herman Hawkins Jr. August 5, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I agree with Warnock Miffin. There are rules and if he was to be there then he should have been there. There are curfews everywhere and they must be followed, marriage or not.

10. Paul Simmons August 9, 2012 at 12:31 pm

First of all he wasn’t going to win the 100 anyway. Secondly a chance to run in the Olympics is a once in a lifetime event that most don’t even get the chance to do. Thirdly he couldn’t wait a week to sleep with his wife? It’s his fault and he has nothing to complain about he let his fans down.

11. madamlala August 10, 2012 at 12:04 am

I would suck that dick good he would forget his wife and bet you he would win the gold,well too bad mojo he got a stone.

12. Derrick August 10, 2012 at 9:21 am

I guess a piece of brown puzzy, meant more than a piece of gold!

I AIN’T MAD AT HIM!

13. chris August 21, 2012 at 11:41 am

this is a beautiful thing – especially today… to be sneaking off with your WIFE and not some side chick – in a hotel, with your phone off… forget everything/everybody for a few hours…. more than likely, the relationship between the coach and athlete was already rocky.

14. Pingback: Aplikasi untuk edit foto

15. where can you buy hoodia gordonii plus July 18, 2014 at 10:40 am

I’m not that much of a internet reader
    to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up!
    I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back down the road.
    All the best