Teen Radio Host Says that Obama is “Making Kids Turn Gay”

An anti-gay teen radio show host claims that President Obama is “making kids gay.”  Caiden Cowger of West Virginia hosts a show called “Caiden Cowger” on the Internet.   He is obviously a conservative.

The boy got attention this week when he said that he is “sickened” by seeing his friends at school “turn to homosexuality,” which he believes is being encouraged by the Obama Administration.

“They are encouraging kids to think, ‘Well, you know what? They’re talking about being a homosexual and they’re saying there’s nothing wrong with being gay, so you know what, I think I might try that out for a little bit,” Cowger says. “That is what’s going on!”

The boy says that President Obama should urge young people to turn away from homosexuality, not believe that it is ok.   He also says that the definition of bullying has been skewed in the wrong direction.

“When you’re trying to teach them the word of God and they consider that bullying … I find that a big problem, not being allowed to convert other people to my religion,” he said.

The teen has had Republican Presidential candidate Herman Cain on his show, and John Raese, a Republican running for Senate in West Virginia.   He is a Pentecostal Christian and names Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck as his role models.

Critics have been vocal of the boy’s comments on his YouTube page:

“Tell me: If it was a choice to be gay, who in their right minds would choose to be discriminated against, choose to live a harder life, choose to be constantly harassed?” one commenter wrote. “I’m so sorry that you’re so brainwashed.”

Comments

comments

21 Responses to Teen Radio Host Says that Obama is “Making Kids Turn Gay”

1. Kim June 8, 2012 at 3:05 am

In a way I must agree. If the President of the nation you reside says it’s okay it would make the weak to believe it is okay. After all HE IS THE PRESIDENT!

• Fig Newton June 19, 2012 at 12:20 pm

This child should not be on radio, especially with Limbaugh and Beck as his role models. Saying that the president is helping anyone to be gay is totally ignorant. Gay was around long before these gay kids went to school. They were gay before President Obama was in office and said what he had to say on gay marriage and they will probably be gay when he is long gone. What is worst, gay or racism? This child has learned how to be a staunch racist and probably a gay basher. He is learning the American way. He is white so he is right. Did anyone want to go to war when Bush and his father went to Iraq messing with those people for gas? No. So how can President Obama be the cause of someone wanting to be gay. Wise Up People.

• JC June 22, 2012 at 6:14 am

Amen Newton, personally I think someone is feeding this kid his lines. What Obama said was it is a person’s preference now half the Country wants to twist his word right down to a snotty nosed gay bashing racist kid. get your ass off the radio and stay in school.. Limbaugh and Beck WOW!!!

• Charlie Brown January 18, 2013 at 10:50 am

Hello, your statement appears intelligent. So, if you don’t mind, I am going to do some nit-picking. (Warning! I am blunt, but I try to soften my tone)
        S/N: I feel that you are a strong supporter of equal rights and Obama so good for you! I am not trying to start or war or anything, I just want to say this, that’s all.
        Your 2nd sentence is ignorant. I feel that you shouldn’t have even made that sentence, for you don’t know the president’s own agenda. Every single person on this earth, whether they are aware of it or not, has their own agenda. The elite, the leaders of this earth, especially the greedy money grabbers Most Definitely have their own agenda. It’s not a secret (or at least, it shouldn’t be) that much of the prophecy that is found within the Word of God has been fulfilled since this man has been in office. (If you think that what have I just stated is silly, then please do your own research before making a comment). For your fourth sentence to be true, you must provide the statistics. If you don’t have that kind of factual information, then it is simply just your own assumption or opinion, twisted and magnified to make it appear that you are correct and people should agree with you.
        Also, you must be careful when reading these articles or any article for that matter. Take each one with a grain of salt. These reporters, (well some) are skilled at what they do. So, if with they want the mass media to think in a certain way about a certain situation, they will. They may not come out and directly say it (although, some unfortunately do) but they will toss in key words or phrases that will trigger a spark in your brain and make you automatically judge an individual and have a preconceived thought or notion of them.
        Finally, there is so much that is going on in this world, SO MUCH! The stuff that the media tells us is in my own opinion, less than 50% true and I am a bit bias at saying that for I don’t particularly like the media at all.

2. Mary June 8, 2012 at 5:07 am

That is a bunch of crap. Please,let us be intelligent about this. People who are gay do not choose to be gay because the President says it is OK. That is the way they were born. If the President said it was bad would all gay people become straight? The President is the president of everyone in this country. He can not like some of the people but not others. We as black people should know this. Remember when presidents said we were second class citizens who had to sit in the back of the bus.

3. erica June 8, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Please gay is a fetish period you are not born gay. If you was there would be something different in the dna of heterosexuals and homosexuals to distinguish this fetish. That fetish has been around forever and now all of a sudden they want to be married. Please everywhere you go there is some ad about it just shoving it down your throat. Who you know wish they had gay children. No one, it is a visual therefore a visceral betray stop it.

• Sophie July 4, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Oh please! Are you really that stupid or are you just deluded? Ofcourse there’s nothing different in the DNA of gay people, they’re not a different species you ejit. Your whole opinion is based on fear and idiocy and the fact that no parent wishes their child to be gay is because of people like you, parents are fearful that their child will be gay not because of the actions the child themselves is taking but the actions that others will take, upon knowing their childs sexual orientation. Everyone knows it is harder to be gay than to be straight but that has nothing to do with the actual act of being gay but because of the hatred that idiots like you incite.

4. peace June 9, 2012 at 3:42 am

JUST BLAME PRESIDENT OBAMA FOR EVERYTHING.
    WHO IS HIS JUDGE, LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE BE VERY CAREFUL WHO JUDGES WHO. EVEN SOME OF THE PASTOR A SIN A SIN.
    NO WE DON’T AGREE WITH THE GAY MARRIAGE BUT THATS SOMETHING THE PRESIDENT HAS TO PAY FOR.

• Fig Newton June 19, 2012 at 12:28 pm

The president does not necessarily agree with gay marriage, what he does agree with is that gay people are here and they have a right to enjoy the same freedoms and privileges that all Americans enjoy. Who are we to deny anyone anything? Do you want to be denied food because you are fat? Should all adulters be denied sex or an opportunity to get married again? You may say yes to both, but, the Constituion will not allow such discrimination based on public opinion. The Constitution will not allow President Obama to say that anyone in this country cannot enjoy the life that they want to live.

5. hilda campbell June 10, 2012 at 10:58 am

I think Pres. Obama made that decision due to political pressure and because many equate the gay/lesbian issue with the oppression of African Americans. I don’t agree with this belief or his decision, but I do believe there is some truth to what the boy has said. Anytime a person of authourity gives permission there are those who by in and give it a try. I have knowledge of several situations where teens have been pressured into making decision to try this lifestyle by coersion. Know of a situation of two women placing pressure on an individual to join unwanted activities and the strength needed to fight and refuse. No one should be abused; but no one should have to fight when opposing to participate.

• Greg McHenry December 4, 2012 at 2:39 pm

And there are people, and especially young people and teenagers who will DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE of what someone in authority SAYS or DOES. I think the causal factors for being or feeling you are homosexual, just as those pertaining to being heterosexual, bi-sexual, transgendered or any other variation of sexuality ARE far more complex, and biochemically hardwired into human beings, not something they can CHOOSE to BE, especially because YOU believe someone in authority GIVES THEM PERMISSION!

6. Sista If June 18, 2012 at 12:33 am

A teenager said that so everyone is willing to believe it? If his schoolmates decide to try it, more than likely, that was already in the back of their minds. This is going to be a really nasty election year. The attacks made on people running for any political office makes us look really bad, and sets the tone for the whole country.these people are suppose to be LEADERS!! I wish they would keep that in mind.

7. James Baker June 19, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Why don’t you people stop what you are doing to the President of the United States. President Obama is not encouraging anyone to be gay. It seems to me that Coach Sandusky has more to do with that than anyone. I haven’t you speak out about Coach Sandusky who has been accused of being an active participant. Get over it!

8. Frederick H June 20, 2012 at 3:31 pm

The total Neandertal Stupidity in America today is really quite unbelievable. People, even now in the 21st century, seem to think (homo)sexuality is something like pot or alcohol or heroine. Once you’ve tried it and liked it, you’re hooked. Proves to me once again the moronic level of american education these days.
    Sexual object choce is indefinitely more complex than some conservative idiots want us to believe. The president endorses gay marriage and lo and behold every kid in town runs up to another person of the same gender to have sex with tem.
    Really, for crying out loud, people’s brains in this country seem to turn mushier and mushier by the hour. I’m laughing my shoes off.

9. Dawn N. McKenzie June 22, 2012 at 2:38 am

I have heard it all. While I am not in agreement with POTUS position on same sex marriage, I will not accept the ignorance of he making people gay. The child is young and is in the fangs of wicked white racists. I feel sorry they are grooming him to be like them, we certainly do not need another wicked white racist bully. I will not allow POTUS position to cancel me voting for him. No one agrees on everything 100% of the time, it is humanly next to impossible. But because we may have differing views, is not a valid reason for me to stay home, or vote for Romney. We have to evolve around allowing one decision to decide our vote. Look at the entire picture.

10. Lyn June 22, 2012 at 8:36 am

That kid is soooo obviously gay. How does he know what all the gay kids are doing on the “down low” unless he’s one of them? GO SIT DOWN, KID!

11. Jalen June 23, 2012 at 12:18 am

Are any of you students at this child’s school? If not, how do you know that kids are not emboldened or ecouraged by the President’s and the increasing acceptance of homosexuality and bisexuality in this country? How is it that all kinds of other things can influence impressionable young children who are influenced by peer pressure in developing their identities and, the the climate of gay and bisexual acceptance, has no effect?!!!

That is the height of hypocrisy!! There is still ambiguity in the scientific community on how one ends up being gay or bisexual. Is it nature or nurture or a combination of both?

Why does the child have to sit his “racist posterior down” because he disagrees with “King Obama” on this issue who actually lied to the American public about his true feelings on same sex marriage in order to get votes? Who is the liar on this issue? Or, does the child have to suppress his rights to freedom of speech because you disagree with his position? He may be young, but he has convictions and is entitled to hold an opposing view on an issue.

All that being said above, I think that the boy has a point because I have seen it in my county where there is a majority black school district. Fluid sexuality is huge in this region and I don’t blame President Obama because it existed before he took office. But, his endorsement of same-sex marriage and the pro-gay agenda will go a long way to further indoctrination and acceptance of this lifestyle by youth.

Black heterosexual marriage rates are now about 28%. Single-parent households and fatherless homes are the norm, the prison industrial complex has snatched up our young men and women, HIV rates are at levels comparable to the Congo and Kenya and the other sexually-transmitted diseases like gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, HPV are at record levels, our educational systems are in shambles, black unemployment is in the double digits and President Obama and his re-election team with its 40 Gay Talking points heralds gay rights and same-sex marriage as one of the administration’s crowning achievements?

And, there is nothing wrong with this picture?

• Greg McHenry December 4, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Jalen, your racism is showing! So is your ignorance! Acceptance of something does not mean agreeing with or adopting that view or lifestyle. Acceptance has everything to do with reality! The reality is, some people “feel” or believe or know they are gay. Some people choose to embrace those feelings or beliefs or knowledge, and sometimes that makes them feel better about their lives (makes them happy), sometimes it doesn’t. Kinda the same way some heterosexuals feel or believe having sex frequently with their spouse makes them happy, even though the spouse may not see it the same way. Life, this thing we humans share in common, is not so simple or straightforward as some would like to believe. It must feel so reassuring and safe to know that YOU (and everyone else like you), above everyone else in the world, ARE IN POSSESSION OF THE ONE TRUTH and reality and answer for all of humanity. Unfortunately, I think you are in possession of A GREAT FEAR, rather than the truth, or reality.

As for this young man’s right to free speech, sure he has a right to think, feel, believe and say anything in this country, and the funny thing is, President Obama (or King Obama, as you put it) nor anyone else (especially liberals) have tried, or would ever try, to deprive him of what HE believes or feels. Yet by your own words, I perceive that what you are advocating is that YOU would do that very thing to those who do NOT FEEL or BELIEVE as you do. To paraphrase your own words: “How is it that all kinds of other things can influence impressionable young children who are influenced by peer pressure in developing their identities and, the the climate of…” hatred and homophobic attitudes, has no effect?!!!

By the way, I am a 61 year old, white, heterosexual male, who recently retired, after spending 30 years working the streets in Los Angeles County, and 6 years working the jails, in law enforcement (a Cop). I have worked many different station areas from West Hollywood (a large gay community in Southern California) to Malibu with its wealthy, entitled people. I may have driven a Black & White for 30 years, but I have never been one to think or feel about people in those terms. Unfortunately, some of my colleagues do, as well as many people in our society, and I have seen the results of their hatred, bigotry, and self-righteous attitudes up close and personal. It’s not very pretty! I have friends who are gay and I value them for their humanity, humor, intellect, compassion, generosity, caring and all the other qualities we should cherish and admire in human beings; their sexuality doesn’t matter to me, it doesn’t affect me because I don’t fear it, I just accept it as part of who they are. In case you haven’t tuned into the reality channel, our children are much more attuned to life in general, and sexuality specifically, today more than we were as kids, and certainly much more than our parents. And if you really give it some thought, you might realize that the position of our President has little to do with how our children view and accept their peers’ sexual identity struggles, other than to set a reality-based, accepting, positive, non-judgmental example of how to treat others who don’t share you beliefs or view of life or sexuality.

12. GAPeach June 23, 2012 at 6:11 am

Let he without sin, cast the first stone! Newton, JC & Mary thanks for your words of wisdom, because some on this page – need to keep their thoughts to themselves. This poor child is already on the track to think, his way is the only way – again This Child – whom I may have shoes older than him they are feeding him hate. I love my family and some of my family members are Gay and I still love them & would never do anything or say anything to hurt them or let anyone else bring harm to them. I prayed on this matter and I know God, doesn’t want me to be mean to anyone, but treat everyone with love.

• Greg McHenry December 4, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Bless you, Georgia Peach! It’s good to hear from an obviously religious person that hasn’t forgotten Jesus’ only commandment, to love one another. Hatred and fear are not the answer.

13. DOCMEB September 3, 2012 at 1:25 pm